I forgot to mention dinner time Saturday night. So Lauren and I decide we're going to use the stove. And by stove I mean gas stove. Yes, the thing you thought was extinct. Well, turns out it's not and it's in my kitchen. I'll let the video below explain the rest.
Sunday 1/22/12
Now that I know how to use the stove, I make some chicken. Well, if you saw the video you would know there is only one match left. I ask Lauren if she's cool with me using it. She okays it and I begin cooking three pieces of chicken. The first one I cook and eat for dinner. With only one match I figure I have to make the other two fairly quickly.
I'm in the process of cooking the second one (view photo) when I realize the flame is super high. Alright I'll just turn it down a little and start cooking the 3rd one. Turns out gas stoves turn OFF when you get even 5 inches close to the off position. So the flame goes out, chicken on the stove is 80% cooked with the other still in the package, and there are no more matches...cool beans. I end up throwing out more than half my food. No lunch for tomorrow. Guess we'll try again tomorrow night.
Monday 1/23/12
We purchase matches. (Yes!) I purchase a package of chicken with only 2 slices in fear of a repeat of Sunday. I eat one for dinner and put the other in a baggy to cool for just one second. 3 hours later I return to the kitchen only to find out I ruined my lunch for the next day. I had forgotten about my chicken. :( Apparently I can't eat chicken after 3 hrs. (I googled it just to be sure) Once again I am left throwing out my chicken. 8 euros total (from Sunday and Monday)...down the drain. I wish I had a del taco I could drive to.
Tuesday 1/24/12
So Lauren and I decide we are walking to work. It's about a 30 min walk. (I better lose some weight from this) Well, that's a lot of walking on the cement with some cute heels of mine. Conclusion: wear running/tennis shoes for the walk. The things I do to keep my heels in good shape. It's not my favorite, but I do it.
Well everyone keeps looking at me. Is it my outfit? Do I have something on my face? Is my hair going funky? I end up ignoring the stares and continue walking about. I'm about 2 blocks from my apartment when an old man walks past me and tells me it's cold and I'm going to get sick. hahaha I finally understand why people are staring. It's "winter" here so everyone is covered from head to toe. (Picture: the outfit I walked home in WITHOUT a coat.)
I definitely prefer Spain's "winter" over Utah's. #notmissingsnow
Monday 1/23/12
We purchase matches. (Yes!) I purchase a package of chicken with only 2 slices in fear of a repeat of Sunday. I eat one for dinner and put the other in a baggy to cool for just one second. 3 hours later I return to the kitchen only to find out I ruined my lunch for the next day. I had forgotten about my chicken. :( Apparently I can't eat chicken after 3 hrs. (I googled it just to be sure) Once again I am left throwing out my chicken. 8 euros total (from Sunday and Monday)...down the drain. I wish I had a del taco I could drive to.
Tuesday 1/24/12
Everyday on the way from home I stop every 2 blocks to stare out into the distance and embrace the time I have in Spain. It's breathtaking how beautiful these simple buildings are.
Each one with its own story and place in history.
I also stop because there are stores with cute stuff everywhere. :)
The photo below is next to El Corte Ingles near my work.
It's fun to see such a fun sight in the middle of the city.
On the way home today it was super sunny and warm. (Well, warm for me) It's hot with my coat on so I walk without my cute brown coat....
Well everyone keeps looking at me. Is it my outfit? Do I have something on my face? Is my hair going funky? I end up ignoring the stares and continue walking about. I'm about 2 blocks from my apartment when an old man walks past me and tells me it's cold and I'm going to get sick. hahaha I finally understand why people are staring. It's "winter" here so everyone is covered from head to toe. (Picture: the outfit I walked home in WITHOUT a coat.) I definitely prefer Spain's "winter" over Utah's. #notmissingsnow
No comments:
Post a Comment