Tuesday, January 17, 2012

the secret floor












I can finally get in and out of my apartment without messing with the lock for an hour. Victory!!! (Yes, the door knob is in the middle of the door.)

Monday night I decide I really should test out the metro again...it's my only way of getting to work. Let me tell you something, the metro/buses/all the walking that's involved is probably why everyone is so good looking here. Umm, yes, America I'd like to order a metro system. Thanks!





Testing out Metro #9 was smart on my part. I used it this morning and I totally looked like I knew what I was doing. (In your face confusing metro system.) I walk up to the Embassy and pass all those waiting in line. The security surrounding the building is intense! I wait  inside in the lobby for Jose, my HR contact. He takes me around and I meet with all kinds of people. Then I find out I have a special badge. (Cool, what does it mean?) It's for the "secret" floor. (Is this real life??) I'd tell you more, but I'd have to kill you...but seriously. :)

Since that's all I can tell you, this entry will be short.

Diana and Kler are coming over tonight. I think we might make dinner (9:30pm). I've been starving since lunch. Tomorrow I'm meeting with Sarita, Guillermo's friend. Guillermo and I met a year ago at AXO's philanthropy "A Cut Above the Rest". He was an exchange student with Manon. (Him from Spain, her from The Netherlands) I was so fascinated by both of them that I kept in contact. He's now in Paris interning so I'm thinking I'll visit him in April.


Tomorrow is also Real Madrid vs. Barcelona. I wish I were going, but tickets have been sold out for a while. The game is the quarter-finals 1st leg for Copa del Rey. (Real Madrid won last year) Guess I'm now a Real Madrid fan. By default I'm a Ronaldo fan. You can see why.








GO REAL MADRID!!! You can be a fan too!

No comments:

Followers