Sunday, February 12, 2012

cupcakes. mmm.


Birthday week
Sunday 1/29/12 - Saturday 2/4/12


It's that time of year again when people tell me I'm aging. (Does this mean I need to find a husband soon?)
On Tuesday Elise and I decide to go out for dinner (which is like an appetizer). We walk around for quite some time. We want a cute place that's inexpensive and has something we're craving.
We land our eyes on La Escala. Perfect!


I read the menu and realize I don't know what anything is or whether or not something is worth trying. Elise recommends croquetas so I go with that. I also order a cappuccino con nata. (Why don't I do this more often?) The waiter informs us it's 6 croquetas and I'm thinking, "yeah I'll need more than that", but say "vale" instead. The food comes out and I can't wait to eat. (Picture: food and our drinks)
My meal :)

Croquetas
It's all so delicious. The croquetas contain mashed potatoes and jamon (ham). I get so full that I can't finish the very last one. (Not like me) I guess the waiter was trying to warn me when he said it came with 6.


Wednesday it's my birthday and I feel the love. :) The day starts off with me arriving at work and Susan (my coworker) giving me a chocolate "cupcake". (Susan is amazing in every way) It was a huge cupcake looking thing, except it turned out to be truffle-like. SOOOO delicious. Then another coworker has her son bring in some yummy truffles. What a good day. 

For lunch Rose decides to take me out. (She's super fun) We go to a salad place across the street from the embassy and end up eating some things I have never tried. First, we get some crackers and dip (liver pate). Then we get a salmon salad (also interesting). We finish it off with the best dish, rice and squid in squid ink. I can taste it now. mmm. It's good, but even better when you mix in a little white rice. (Pictures: lunch)

Before I leave work Elise tells me she's not walking home with me. She has to go get something. So I walk home slowly as I stare at each store window. I get home and walk into the kitchen, Elise had gotten me cupcakes!!! Unreal. She's too thoughtful. I dig in and fall in love. mmm, cupcakes. mmm, calories.



On our way to eat dessert,
Elise tells me some interesting history about this place.
Later that night, Me, Elise and Kler meet up for drinks to celebrate. Well, after walking a ton in search for a good bar we throw the idea out and go with a crêpe/gelato place. It's better than you can even imagine. We chat and Kler hands me a gift. (Too kind) It's perfume!! Just what I needed! (It smells so good) The night comes to an end and now I wait to age, again, next year. 




Much love for Kler & Elise. 

The owner's HUGE dog. (Elise is a dog person)


Interesting thing I have learned in Spain. If you're satisfied with your meal you place the silverware beside one another. If you're not satisfied then the silverware is placed in the shape of the letter X. Now you have proof it was delicious. 
Besos. 

No comments:

Followers