Monday, March 12, 2012

no more coffee


Friday 2/17/12 Continued
Elise and I walk down the street directly across from the Spanish steps. Passing only two stores, we decide this is going to be a torturous walk. Of course we're walking down the street with every fashion designer store known to mankind. We do our best to walk fast so we don't have to look at the really cute merchandise like the purse in the window calling my name.
Walking further down the street I realize we need a map. I look down and there's a map with everything highlighted! (Well, that was easy.) I think about all the germs it could have, look at Elise, look back at the map...then proceed to open it up. Yes, I took the map. And I'm realizing this is a public blog. So judge me. :)
Turns out saving that map was a lifesaver, multiple times. (Picture to come later)
As we stroll around, Elise continues to tell me she needs a coffee or she'll die. So we wonder into a cute little cafe. She orders a coffee and I think twice about getting one. I want one, but I don't really drink coffee unless it's more chocolate/carmel/sugary than real coffee. Well after getting jealous of Elise's delicious coffee I order one as well. Turns out I should have gone with my gut and gone without the coffee. Well too bad, cause I paid for it so now I have to drink it. ALL of it. It was an interesting experience to say the least. (Click on my coffee timeline experience) Top left corner is before, top center picture is instantly after tasting it. (It's my "this is awful tasting" face.) I decide no more coffee for me.

Stolling down one of the main streets we see some fun lights. They are streamed all the way down. The picture doesn't do justice.

Across from the Pantheon


Grabbing for the ridiculous flying toys sold by some people on the streets. They're everywhere and kind of annoying.

Half of the Resaturant
Free Sexy Wine. We'll take it.

The boys posing
We make our way to the Trevi Fountain and Pantheon. Both beautiful and very impressive. The detail in the Trevi Fountain is stunning. The amount of people hanging out near the Trevi was overwhelming. People everywhere. I would have loved to see the fountain during the day, maybe next time. After all our walking we head to a restaurant named Miscellanea. This is where we discover "Sexy Wine", the most delicious wine. Enjoying our time we stay at the restaurant for hours. We make friends with two older women and they give us some good tips on touring the city. They're big on traveling. Meanwhile, that small cup of coffee kicks in and my world is turned upside down. I'm going 100 mph. I also feel shaky and keep telling Elise I feel overwhelmed (Apparently I was creeping her out. haha). I will NOT have coffee for a long time.

As we're leaving I approach a table of Americans hoping they're doing something fun and we can join them. Turns out I picked a good crew. After some getting-to-know-you chatter we head out and let them lead the way. Two of them, Claudia and Chris, are studying in Rome (jealous) so I trust them with the rest of the night.
(Picture: I like to take photos of the places I go. So when I wanted to take a photo of the restaurant the boys made fun of me, but ended up wanting to be in the picture. ?)
Crossing the river to go dancing

Our new friends
Walking across town we go to a bar/club (whatever you want to call it). To sum up the night, there was great music and LOTS of dancing. They closed at around 2 or so. I was so confused as to why things had to end so early. I think I'm just used to Spain's night life (the best in Europe). We walk clear across the city for far too long (not an exaggeration), get lost here and there, but finally make it back to the hostel.  What a great way to end my first night in Roma.


Elise mad at 4am. :)
Roma, you're beautiful no matter what time of day.



No comments:

Followers